Important Mailman settings
- Create a new mailman list using Cpanel
- Change the settings of the new list. In general settings, under the heading Reply-To: header munging ought to be changed to a generic (non-personal) email address. The message size ought to be increased to 200K or so.
- Under privacy settings, change so that only list admin can see the list of subscribers.
- Under sender filters under privacy, make sure moderation is on by default
- Admin notice
- Strip sender etc.
- Send monthly password reminder No
- Send goodbye message to members when they are unsubscribed? No
- Additional settings
- Maximum length in kilobytes (KB) of a message body. Use 0 for no limit. for example 200
- Footer added to mail sent to regular list members: Empty
- Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this machine? No
- What steps are required for subscription? Confirm and approve
- Who can view subscription list? List admin only
Privacy → Sender filters
- Default moderated
- (default action)
Privacy → Recipient filters
- Must posts have list named in destination (to, cc) field (or be among the acceptable alias names, specified below)? No
- Archive messages? No
- Is archive file source for public or private archival? private